Monday, February 18, 2013

Portrait on a shield



This was a shield I painted for a Christmas gift exchange with old friends from the SJSU A/I graduating class of 2012. It is a white elephant style deal, and I drew Paul Yula! The theme was crow (corvus in latin), so I went for the literal approach, and stuck his head on one.







Here is a detail. Its acrylic on aluminum. I am currently trying to get better pictures, these ones reflected too much flash, washing out the blacks. I printed out font from PS and made a stencil for the lettering. If I remember correctly the shield was about 19'' on each edge.

Better shot for color, but horrible in general. I just did not get great shots of this project before I sent it off. I miss painting in acrylic! This was a lot of fun to do, and a nice break from the norm...

No comments:

Post a Comment